50 things to do in 2018
If you want to be inspired, interesting AND engaging, do something new - routinely.
Opening yourself up to new experiences on a regular basis opens doors to diverse avenues, challenges and opportunities; it promotes growth, broadens your thinking and allows you to see and feel things from different perspectives.
Doing something new or different engages your senses in unique and interesting ways and can lead to stimulating connections, projects and creative pursuits. It can also uncover unexplored potential and strengths.
Cast your mind back to the last time you did something for the first time. What did you do? What made you do it? How did it make your feel? What happened as a result?
What would you like to do, see, and feel this year?
What will you do just for fun? What will you do to challenge yourself? What do you want to learn? What will you do for others? If you need a little inspiration, here are 50 things to get you you moving.
50 Things To Do In 2018
- Create an awe inspiring bucket list for 2018 and let it change your life.
- Write your memoir one page and day at a time.
- Start an edible garden.
- Donate blood and save a life (or three).
- Fall deeply and wildly in love. For the first time or all over again.
- Improve your relationships or mend a damaged one.
- Reach out to someone you admire.
- Free yourself from things and go minimalist for a year.
- Go indoor trampolining.
- Edit your wardrobe. Keep what makes you feel fabulous and donate the rest.
- Give your home a mini makeover. Spruce up a room with a splash of colour, new pillows etc.
- Start a blog or podcast. Share your passions, knowledge or expertise with the world.
- Capture one year of your life in photos.
- Travel to somewhere you've never been.
- Learn a new language. And then plan a trip.
- Audition for a commercial or be an extra in a movie.
- Learn a mindfulness technique and practice daily.
- Go on a walking holiday.
- Sell all your old and unused things. Remove clutter and make a few dollars.
- Conquer a lingering fear.
- Design and get a tattoo.
- Volunteer at an elephant rescue sanctuary.
- Go vegetarian/vegan for a month. Do something good for your body, animals and the planet.
- Adopt a pet and give the gift of a forever home.
- Donate your time to a local charity.
- Undertake a physical challenge.
- Go on a road trip. Solo or with friends.
- Make a movie using your smartphone camera.
- Read one new book every month. Make it a mix of history, biographies, fiction and non-fiction.
- Make monthly care packages. Think clean hygiene supplies, food, vouchers, etc.
- Join your local toastmasters group and improve your writing, presenting and leadership skills.
- Try a new cuisine every month. Get out and visit new suburbs in the process.
- Camp out at your favourite beach and marvel in a new sunrise.
- Make your own pasta and sauces from scratch.
- Enter a creative competition. Get your work out there.
- Be a mentor to someone younger.
- Start your own business or side hustle.
- Write a fan letter and let your favourite writer/blogger/artist/human know how much you adore them.
- Learn how to play an instrument.
- Gaze at the planets, moon and star constellations at an observatory.
- Develop a new habit.
- Master a new skill.
- Go on a technology cleanse for a designated period of time.
- Stay on an outback cattle station. Exchange meals and accommodation for volunteer work.
- Climb Mt Kosciusko.
- Organise a family portrait (include your pets).
- Practice gratitude by writing a thank you note every day for a month.
- Support ethical brands and manufacturing. But educate yourself first.
- Work on an invention you’ve always wanted to create.
- Take part in a colour run.
What would you add to the list to live a big juicy story?
Do you like what you've read? Share it with a friend and leave a comment below.