50 things to do in 2016
If you want to be curious, interesting and engaging, do something new - regularly.
Opening yourself up to new experiences on a regular basis, promotes personal growth and progress. It fosters resilience, challenges perspective and engages all your senses. It can lead to exciting new connections, collaboration and opportunities. And it often uncovers unexplored potential and strengths.
Cast your mind back to the last time you did something for the first time. What did you do? How did it make your feel? What did you say to yourself as a result? What else would you like to do, see, feel? If you need a little inspiration, here's a list of ideas to get you thinking and moving.
50 things to do in 2016
- Create an awe inspiring bucket list for 2016 - let it change your life in a positive way
- Write your memoir one page at a time - it's your story, you hold the pen
- Start an edible garden - go organic and grow your own
- Donate blood - provide a lifeline to someone in need
- Fall in love - for the first time or again
- Eat at a fancy restaurant
- Edit your wardrobe - keep what you feel fabulous in, donate or toss the rest
- Give your home a mini makeover - spruce up a room/space with a splash of colour, new pillows etc.
- Start a blog - share your passions, knowledge or expertise with the world
- Start a photo a day challenge - capture one year of your life with a visual diary
- Travel to new and faraway places - go somewhere you've never been before
- Learn yoga - practice daily
- Go on a walking adventure - do you prefer coastal or hinterland?
- Go snorkelling in the Great Barrier Reef - it's beautiful and breathtaking
- Sell your old and unused things - remove the clutter and make a few extra dollars
- Take a ferry to Bundeena - go for a walk along the eastern edge of the Royal National Park
- Make your own cleaning products - eliminate harsh chemicals and toxins around your home
- Go vegetarian/vegan for a month - do something good for your body, animals and the planet
- Adopt a pet - give the gift of a forever home
- Fundraise for your charity - get involved and make a difference
- Undertake a physical challenge - learn how to use your whole body
- Go on a road trip - make a film about using your smartphone camera
- Read one new book every month - make it a mix of history, biographies, fiction and non-fiction
- Learn one new creative skill - try calligraphy, speed reading, coding, photography, a language
- Make care packages - give someone an instant lift with clean hygiene supplies, food, vouchers
- Join your local toastmasters group - improve your writing, presenting and leadership skills
- Try a new cuisine every month - visit suburbs specialising in different foods and flavours
- Camp out at your favourite beach and watch the sunset - embrace the magic of new beginnings
- Make your own pasta and sauces from scratch - it tastes delicious and you'll feel like a masterchef
- Swim with whale sharks on Ningaloo reef - glide alongside these graceful creatures once in your life
- Make your own candles - gift them to friends and clients for a personal touch
- Do more with less - focus on creating more and consuming less
- Enter a writing or photography competition - practice getting your work out there
- Be a mentor to someone younger than you - share your experiences and wisdom openly and freely
- Explore your passions - try different things until you find what you love (then do more of it)
- Follow the art gallery trail - get to know your own personal aesthetic
- Write a fan letter - let your favourite writer/blogger/artist/human know how much you adore them
- Go indoor trampolining - just for fun
- Explore the galaxy - gaze at the planets, moon, star constellations and nebulae at an observatory
- Develop a new habit - what would be of greatest service to you this year?
- Support live acts - see a band, go to a poetry slam, watch a play, be mesmerised by the ballet
- Stay on an outback cattle station - exchange meals and accommodation for volunteer work
- Climb Mt Kosciusko - in summer wildflowers bloom and rivers flow with pure melted snow water
- Write a thank you note every day - practice gratitude and deepen awareness
- Join a local meetup group - nurture your interests and networks
- Declutter your inbox - be brutal
- Buy from the farmers markets - support local and know where your food comes from
- Support ethical brands and manufacturing - educate yourself on the true cost of fast fashion
- Take a cupcake masterclass - impress at your next dinner party with stunning decadent creations
- Organise a barbie with friends on the beach - it's the Australian way.
What would you add or subtract to the list?
What are you committed to trying, doing, getting done in 2016?
Do you like what you've read read here? Share it with a friend and leave a comment below. I would love to hear what's on your list.