There are three kinds of people in this world: those who MAKE things happen, those who WATCH things happen, and those who WONDER what happened. Which one are you?
Let me ask you this - what if it's possible to:
- Create the life you always wanted
- Reinvent yourself and become the person you dream of being
- Turn ordinary days into unexpected adventures
- Manage your career, family and hobbies better
- Increase your productivity without spending more time working
- Improve your results by working a little smarter
- Get motivated every day
- Create your dream job
- Build a million dollar company
- Go on your dream holiday
- Visit every continent or swim in every ocean
- Turn your passion into profit
- Create more and consume less
- Turn your dreams into reality
- Live your bucket list
- Learn a new language and go live in that country for a year
- Build a school in a developing country
- Live on a tropical beach for three months
- Make a positive difference in the world
- Choose how you want to think and feel
- Decide how you will spend your time
- Create more balance in your life
- Rekindle the love affair with your deepest desires
... would you do something about it?
I get annoyed and upset when I hear people talk with such begrudging disdain about all the incredible things they will never have, do, or see because of one justification or another. I hear them burn words like NEVER, CAN'T, SHOULDN'T, MAYBE into their psyche with such promise and potency and spurring on a vicious cycle of self-fulfilling prophecies.
Why are we so hell bent on standing in our own way?
Why are so many of us set on focusing on all the things we don't have or on all the things we can't do instead of focusing on all of the things we can? Because it’s easier to stay the same and continue tolerating our cherished pain than it is to do something differently.
Because it’s safer to remain unremarkable than is to demand more of ourselves.
Unfortunately what most of us don't realise is that staying the same often costs us so much more in the long run - lost hopes, broken hearts, poor relationships, our wellbeing, curiosity, passion, enthusiasm, compassion for others and a thirst for adventure.
Here is what I believe to be true – anything is possible. I believe if you want something bad enough and are willing to put in the work, if you are willing to persist and go the extra mile, you will start stacking the odds in your favour. I also believe in trying and failing then die wondering.
The truth is things don't happen unless YOU make them happen.
What possibilities are you considering right now? What are you willing to do about it?
Do you like what you've read here? Share it with a friend and leave a comment below.