50 tweaks and truths for better living.
Here’s an honest-to-goodness truth – life becomes better as you start to think and feel more optimistically about life.
You should never underestimate the power of a little fine-tuning. A tweak here and there can have a significant improvement on your happiness, health and longevity.
Optimal living is not out of reach. You already know you have to work for the things that mean the most to you. It all comes down to the decision to do so.
Be attentive to your needs and desires.
Practice making small + daily adjustments that will help you create a better life for yourself. It can be as simple as going to bed 10 minutes earlier, eating an extra serving of salad or having a meaningful conversation without distraction.
Take these 50 truths for a test drive and see for yourself.
Pick one or two things you can focus on that won’t have a detrimental impact on your schedule. Don’t set yourself up to fail before you’ve begun. Conspire for your own betterment.
- Know yourself well + be yourself
- Set + live by your own standards
- Be true to your values
- Own your dreams without apology
- Accept there are no guarantees + do it anyway
- Embrace the beauty of uncertainty
- Control the mental clutter: let go of guilt, mistakes + regrets
- Be genuine, people can see through the bullshit
- Develop a positive outlook on life
- Surround yourself with enthusiastic people
- Avoid toxic relationships of any kind
- Honour your passions
- Accept that your happiness starts + ends with you
- Open yourself to possibilities + new experiences
- Talk less + do more
- Drop the need to always be right
- See goodness in the world
- Fail often + make heaps of mistakes so that you’ll know what you really need
- Develop daily self-care habits for mental, physical + emotional wellness
- Limit your media consumption
- Put the brakes on + schedule regular downtime
- Try your hand at lots of different hobbies
- Attitude is EVERYTHING. Adjust yours
- Give to others, often
- Love without reservation
- Make friends with your intuition
- Have a big bright vision for your life
- Embrace your light + darkness
- Pay attention to the people who want to be in your life
- Find your voice + the courage to use it
- Develop your resilience + emotional flexibility
- Shit will happen. Don’t take everything so personally
- You get as good as you give so give really good
- Do more of what makes you happy
- Foster creativity in your everyday life
- Be gracious and grateful
- Take initiative + work hard
- Get enough sleep
- Don’t make promises you can’t keep
- Nurture your social + community connections
- Don’t dwell on what you don’t have. Appreciate what you do
- Accept people + feeling sometimes change. That’s ok
- Stand up for people who can't stand up for themselves
- Be curious, the world is always changing
- Know when to hold on + when to let go
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Really
- Get stuff done..no good comes from idle minds
- Break the rules + take (many) more risks
- Create a meaningful life, the one you fantasize about
- NEVER stop believing in yourself
Please share the love - like it, share it with a friend and leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you!