50 tweaks and truths for smarter living
Practice making small + daily adjustments if you want to improve your effectiveness and become more efficient in the way you operate day-to-day.
Earlier in the week I explored the power and importance of fine-tuning with 50 tweaks + truths for better living. Today's it's all about helping you identify smarter ways of working.
It makes zero, zip, zilch difference whether you're a high flying exec, time strapped career slashie, stay-at-home mum, street performer or budding tycoon - you can lift YOUR game!
You can become more focused, find greater balance, achieve more in less time and be happier + healthier for it. It really is about finding ways to work smarter not harder, pardon the cliché.
Take these 50 truths for a test drive and see for yourself.
Pick just one or two things you can focus on that won’t have a detrimental impact on your schedule. Don’t set yourself up to fail before you’ve begun. Conspire for your own success.
- Raise your level of performance to meet your expectations.
- Take more risks.
- Question everything.
- Narrow your focus.
- Take the emotion out of the argument.
- Have a sense of humour.
- Challenge yourself + push past your comfort zone.
- Organise your workspace.
- Schedule regular thinking time.
- Don’t settle: if you don’t like it, change it.
- Get your ideas out of your head and onto paper.
- Find a mentor. Always have someone to learn from.
- Teach others what you know.
- Practice your decision-making abilities.
- Learn + implement within 24 hours.
- Don’t be embarrassed about money.
- Develop a savings plan and stick to it. Put aside 10% of your earnings.
- Nurture your personal network. It’s your most precious asset.
- Put family on your priority radar, they’ll be there long after that job is gone.
- Do the most important thing first.
- Drop multi-tasking, it's a fallacy + interferes with productivity.
- Finish what you start.
- Get off the computer at regular intervals.
- Focus on continuous improvement.
- Learn how to do one thing well.
- Develop short-term + long-term goals.
- Own your mistakes, don’t blame others.
- Take action + do something every day.
- Declutter. Keep only what you love + donate the rest.
- Delegate where possible so you can focus on what you do best.
- Learn to manage your time + energy better.
- Plan a creative sojourn.
- Compromise when you recognise the need.
- Be resourceful + do more with less.
- Prepare for success.
- Regulate interruptions.
- Ditch the diet + be sensible most of the time.
- Keep it out of landfill; choose better + consume less.
- Plan your meals + reduce wastage.
- Leave work AT work.
- Love what you do or keep looking for what you love.
- Make failure a stepping-stone to success.
- If it’s important, find a way to make it happen.
- Learn the rules and then break them so you can create new frontiers.
- Make time to celebrate achievements, big + small.
- Help others even if there’s nothing in it for you.
- Do more than people expect from you.
- Take personal responsibility for what you say + do.
- Remember your why.
- Don’t worry what others think.
Please share the love - like it, share it with a friend and leave a comment below. I would love to hear from you!